Visitors to the Amelia Island Museum of History are invited to “Unlock the Past,” as they enter the renovated 1935 Nassau County Jail which houses historical objects and archaeological finds. Florida’s only spoken history museum highlights the history of the Island of Eight Flags.
The Amelia Island Museum of History is bursting with fascinating stories that are just waiting to be shared with eager visitors and residents. From the Timucua Native American tribe to Spanish and French explorers, from the lawless spirit of pirates to the dignified air of Victorian-era residents, Amelia Island has been home to diverse cultures that have left an exciting heritage. We are the first spoken history museum in the state of Florida. We continue our story-telling tradition with a variety of tours that cater to many interests and age levels.
- One-Day General Admission for (4) Adults.
- Hours: Mon. – Sat. 10am – 4pm; Sun. 1pm – 4pm. (Hours subject to change).
- Special Hours: Closed at 1pm on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve. Closed all day on the first Saturday and Sunday of May (Shrimp Festival), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years day.
- Voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and is not valid during holiday periods or special events. Additional blackout dates may apply. Offers are subject to availability, within the redemption period, determined only by the designated contact person(s) listed on the winning voucher.
- Purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Reservation requests must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of desired visit date. Cannot be combined with any other offers or special events. Attraction rules and regulations will apply.