Historic Tours of Flagler College highlights the architectural heritage of the former Hotel Ponce de Leon, listed as a National Historic Landmark. Built by railroad magnate Henry M. Flagler in 1888, the Ponce is considered one of the finest examples of Spanish Renaissance architecture and was one of the most exclusive resorts of its day.
Due to limit capacity, it is highly suggested that you purchase tickets before your arrival. During the Spring 2023, renovations of the east side of the former hotel are taking place. Historical Tours are running as normal but cannot control extra noise population during certain times of the day.Tours depart daily from the main lobby (Rotunda) of the College located at 74 King Street. Because we are a College first, tours are subject to cancellations, please check our ticket availability for more information.
Guests will begin their tour by exploring the courtyard while learning of the hotel’s Spanish Renaissance architecture and of the techniques and innovations used to construct Henry Flagler’s vision. Next is the grand lobby where they will stare up into a 68-foot domed ceiling supported by eight ornate oak caryatids hand carved with robed women, each slightly different from the next. The guest will move on to the dining room where 79 Louis Comfort Tiffany Stained Glass windows stream light onto the beautiful hand-painted murals on the walls and ceiling. Finally, they will visit the Flagler Room, formerly the Women’s Grand Parlor, where they will gaze upon handcrafted Austrian crystal chandeliers, a clock containing the largest piece of intact white onyx in the western hemisphere, original hotel furniture and art, as well as personal photos and mementos from Henry Flagler and his family.
- Auction includes Four (4) Historic Tour tickets of Flagler College
- Please note Parking is limited. For details on parking by the college, click here.
- Voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and is not valid during holiday periods or special events. Additional blackout dates may apply. Offers are subject to availability, within the redemption period, determined only by the designated contact person(s) listed on the winning voucher.
- Purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Reservation requests must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of desired visit date. Cannot be combined with any other offers or special events. Attraction rules and regulations will apply.