Come visit the beautiful Homosassa Spring State Park! The locally adored Wildlife Walk brings guests on an exciting journey woven through Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park’s many animal exhibits. The park is home to alligators, black bears, red wolves, Key deer, flamingos, and whooping cranes each serving as their species’ ambassador. All of the animal inhabitants are in the state park for the same reason: they are unable to survive in the wild on their own.
Our delightful 15-min Boat Tour departs from the Visitor Center Boat Dock and makes its breezy way through Pepper Creek towards the West Entrance of the Park. Once you arrive at the West Entrance Dock, the entrance to the Wildlife Walk is across the street. Take a tram on Pepper Creek Trail for free.
Plus, enjoy a meal at the Wildside Café with your included $20 dining voucher! Open daily from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Tram service is complimentary and included in Park admission. Trams can be picked up from either the Visitor Center or the West Entrance for transportation between both locations.
State Park Rules and Important Notes:
- Most state parks require an entrance fee. State Park Entrance Fees are NOT included: Adults – $13, Children (6-12) – $5, Children 5 and under – Free (subject to change without notice)
- Additional user fees may apply for activities such as camping, canoe rentals and tours.
- All plants, animals and park property are protected. The collection, destruction or disturbance of plants, animals or park property is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted in the park.
- Fishing and swimming are not permitted at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.
- Fireworks and Hunting are prohibited in all Florida State Parks.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption is allowed in designated areas only.
- Florida’s state parks are committed to providing equal access to all facilities and programs. Should you need assistance to enable your participation, please contact staff at any ranger station or call 850-245-3076 (voice) or 711 (Florida Relay Service)