A perfect place for kayaking, Hontoon Island has pine flatwoods, palm and oak hammocks, bald cypress swamps and marshes. Honton Island is surrounded by the St. John’s River, the Hontoon Dead River and Snake Creek.
Activities include horseshoes, cycling, boating, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, as well as hiking, camping, picnicking, and nature viewing and photography. The island can be circumnavigated with a nine and a half-mile (14 km) day trip; Blue Spring State Park is a short paddle up the St. Johns (3.5 miles) one way. Amenities include canoe rentals, bike paths, eleven tent sites,and six rustic cabins. The park also has overnight boat slip rentals, playground equipment, picnic tables, and a 3.4-mile (5.5 km) nature trail. The park has a lending library with picture books for children aged four to nine. The park is open from 8:00 am till one hour before sunset year-round.
- Two Single Kayak Half Day (3 Hour) Rentals
- Offer Not Valid During Holidays or Special Events. Subject to availability at time of voucher redemption.
- Voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and is not valid during holiday periods or special events. Additional blackout dates may apply.
- Offers are subject to availability, within the redemption period, determined only by the designated contact person(s) listed on the winning voucher. Purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable. Voucher must be used at once for both kayaks. Weather Permitting.
- Reservation requests must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of desired visit date. Cannot be combined with any other offers or special events. Attraction rules and regulations will apply.
There are no reviews yet.