Marineland Dolphin Adventure has been creating unforgettable experiences for more than 80 years. And today, the world’s first oceanarium enchants guests from across the world with one-of-a-kind dolphin experiences that are truly unforgettable. Come swim with dolphins, see our sea turtles and sand tiger sharks, join us for a Sea to Shore Aquarium Tour. However you choose to experience Marineland, you’ll enjoy both an incredible place to play and the opportunity to join in the adventure of preserving marine life for future generations. Marineland Dolphin Adventure was founded to foster the preservation and protection of marine life. Our mission is to utilize interactive education, enhanced by on-site research, to inspire visitors to value and respect marine mammals and their environment.
The Dolphin Encounter program is designed for all ages, and to learn by having fun! Meet these fantastic animals as you interact with them in shallow waters. The interaction is performed on an underwater platform, so you don’t have to worry if you’re not a swimmer. One of the activities you’ll perform with these intelligent creatures is the hand target, in which the dolphin will come up to touch your hand with its rostrum.
Purchase the Bottlenose Dolphin Encounter! This shallow water interaction, is a fun, high-energy program, full of playtime, splashes, and learning. Guests will have the opportunity to interact with our dolphins with their group in shallow water while learning how the training staff teach and love these amazing family members. Guests must arrive at least 60 minutes prior to their program time to check-in.
Open Daily, Marineland offers Dolphin encounters at 9:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30PM and seasonally they add additional times at 10:15AM, 12:45PM, 2:15PM, 3:00PM, 3:45PM. The encounter takes approximately 30 minutes. We recommend checking their website for full details and the most up-to-date information on available dates and times.
- All participants must wear a life jacket supplied by Marineland Dolphin Adventure
- Participants under 48″ must be accompanied by a paying participant over age 18. The supervising adult must purchase an adult ticket to be in the water with the child.
- Young children age 3-4 may accompany adults as a non-paying participant in the Dolphin Encounter as long as they fit in a life jacket supplied by Marineland Dolphin Adventure and are held throughout the duration of the program. They will not require a Dolphin Encounter ticket. Interaction will be limited for the young child.
- Children under 48″ may need to be held and may not be able to complete all behaviors.
- PLEASE NOTE: Marineland Dolphin Adventure has a no refunds policy for bookings. Refunds are only given if a program is canceled by Marineland Dolphin Adventure. For the dolphin’s safety, no jewelry whatsoever is allowed to be worn during any of our interactive programs.
- View the Animal Encounters FAQ for more information.