Indulge your senses, taste the tropics, experience your unique tropical garden oasis at the Preston B. Bird and Mary Heinlein Fruit and Spice Park. Today, the Fruit & Spice Park is a 37-acre subtropical paradise nestled in the heart of the historic Redland community just 35 miles south of Miami. Surrounded by thousands of acres of tropical agriculture, the Park is a jewel in South Florida’s agricultural community attracting over 50,000 visitors a year to its gardens and festivals. More than 500 varieties of exotic fruits, herbs, spices and nuts from around the world; 180 varieties of mangos; 70 varieties of bamboo; 40 varieties of bananas; 15 varieties of jackfruit trees and numerous other exotic edibles are grown and maintained here.
The only public garden of its kind in the United States, the park continues to be operated by the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department. Visitors can sample fallen fruit (no above-aground harvesting is permitted) and arrangements can be made with the management for collecting seeds and cuttings suitable for planting. A staff of experts conducts classes, workshops and botanical tours on a year-round basis. Visit our herb and vegetable garden, stroll through the shady banana groves and wonder at the majesty of the African Baobab trees. Spend an hour or an entire day at the Fruit & Spice Park for a tastefully exotic experience.
- Includes General Admission for 4 Adults.
- TOURS – Guided tours are conducted every day at 11 am, 1:30 pm and 3 pm, weather permitting. Private tours for schools, clubs and any special interest group can be arranged at convenient times.
- PLAN TO BE OUTDOORS – The Park is open in all weather conditions (although tram tours will be suspended due to lightning). A visit can include extensive walking, so plan your attire accordingly.
- HOURS OF OPERATION – Open seven (7) days a week, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The Park is open in all weather conditions (although tram tours will be suspended due to lightning). A visit can include extensive walking, so plan your attire accordingly.
- Voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and is not valid during holiday periods or special events. Additional blackout dates may apply. Offers are subject to availability, within the redemption period, determined only by the designated contact person(s) listed on the winning voucher.
- Purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Reservation requests must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance of desired visit date. Cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, promotions or special events.
- Attraction rules and regulations will apply.
There are no reviews yet.