Weeki Freshwater Adventures is the only kayak and paddleboard rental facility located on the river at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park in Florida. Enjoy a journey out onto the gorgeous waters of one of the top recreational water sports destinations, and remember, we are a non-disposable river and alcohol is prohibited. Your trip will begin at our ramp accessed through the northwest corner of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park’s lot (do not enter through the general admissions gate).
Our friendly staff will greet you, assist you with filling out waivers (if you have not done so online), check any bags for disposables and alcohol, and fit you with life jackets and paddles. You will then take a short 2-minute walk to the water’s edge where you will enter your kayak for a 2.8 mile float down the State Park’s waters. Your journey will end at the State Park pullout located 2.8 miles downriver. Be aware that there is a flight of steps that must be climbed from the retrieval docks to the shuttle parking area. Here, you will board one of our shuttle vans for a quick trip back to your vehicle.
- Must be 18+ to book. Ages 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Disposable items and alcohol are not permitted to be taken onto the Weeki Wachee River. This includes any item that is single-use (plastic waterbottles, plastic bags, candy wrappers, papers, foils, etc), so please pack accordingly. Reusable food and drink containers should be used alternatively. Bags will be checked before departure, and these items will have to be returned to your vehicle or disposed of. Thank you for helping us keep the river beautiful!
- Pets are not permitted to launch from the State Park. Only legal service animals are allowed, not emotional support pets.
- Please make it a point to be on time for your reservation. Reservations more than 15 minutes late will be cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. If you are going to be late, give us a call at 352-597-8484, and we will do our best to assist. Our ramp closes promptly 30 minutes after last rental availability, and we cannot launch any additional boats after this time.
- Boats must be returned on time. Your boat is due back at the pullout ramp 2 hours from your scheduled start time. WFA reserves the right to charge a $50/boat late fee for boats returned more than 15 minutes late.
- Swimming or exiting your boat is not allowed, as this adventure completely takes place on State Park property.